Monday, February 12, 2018

Obsessed With Covers #45: Forge Of Darkness, Contagion

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P



So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.



I present to you my latest cover buy. I can't exactly tell you what I liked first about the cover, because looking at it now, preparing to discuss it, I can tell it's a very busy cover. I loved the colors used, and I was intrigued by the fine details on the over. It makes me think of either a secret door or a shield with many, many decorations, and a skull in the middle of it. I love the symmetry of the cover, too. There's also a mystery behind this cover. I'm kind of convinced the background is actually a door, and if it is a door, I want to know what's behind it. I'm really excited to read this book.






Forge Of Darkness - Steven Erikson



This cover is absolutely gorgeous! It makes me remember the photos and illustrations in my mom's and aunt's anatomy and biochemistry books of viruses, bacteria and random cells. I love it. The cover is also just a little bit creepy. There are air bubbles in whatever liquid that is that is holding the cells and axons and other thread-like fibers. Can you tell I'm a nerd? And the fact that the liquid is shades of green, sickly green actually, is also intriguing. The tagline is also very interesting. I've read the blurb and I'm intrigued. Basically I need this book in my life.








What about you? Any great covers you've seen lately?

1 comment:

  1. Those covers are actually somewhat similar! I can see a pattern to what you like for sure :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...