Monday, August 18, 2014

Obsessed With Covers #15: Wicked Heroine, The Jewel, Gilded Ashes

Y'all know how much I love a pretty cover. I think about...40% of the books that end up on my shelves (be they physical or digital) do so because of the covers. Call me shallow but you have to admit that a pretty, shiny cover will catch your eye faster than a dull, boring one. Two, simple rules that I'll follow:


  • 1, 2 or 3 (no more than 3, though) covers per week;
  • books should be new-ish; no more than 2 years old.
Oh, before I share the covers that made me drool or want to stare at them for hours and hours, I have to say something. This is a semi-original idea. Why semi? Because almost every book blogger has something similar. The only thing I came up with was the title. If by any chance there's another blogger with a similar feature with the same title, I assure you I'm not stealing your idea. I'm just THAT bad with titles. Believe me, I'd love to be smarter and have a witty name for this feature, but I don't. So, no copyright infringement/theft/steal or anything of the sort was desired. All I can say is sorry :P

Photobucket

So, here are the prettiest covers I've seen this week.


This is a very pretty cover. I love the multitude of colors of the clouds. That is one powerful storm waiting to start. I love the hand holding the orb, which I admit looks strangely similar to an eye and that makes the entire thing creepy. Which I love. And then there are the calm waters and the lone boat that makes my heart stutter because there's a storm coming and it makes me think no one on that boat might survive. Then there's the weird shadow in front of the boat. I wonder if it's a tree, a cloud or a sea creature. All in all, this cover is great!







Wicked Heroine - Jasmine Giacomo



Pretty dress? Check. Creepy factor added by the fact that the girl is reflected in the many sides of a "jewel"? Check. It's pretty easy to explain why I love this cover, really. I'm hoping the cover stays the same for the paperback edition of the book.











The Jewel - Amy Ewing


There's a stairs theme in this series and I like that. I love the trees surrounding the stairs. I like that the stairs don't look so scary as in Cruel Beauty though.












Gilded Ashes - Rosamund Hodge



What about you? Any pretty covers you saw recently that you loved?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...